With your colleagues, you will make sure that guests have a nice stay in our restaurant, in the lounge bar or in their room through room service. You do not just take the order, but you go the extra mile for our guests, and sense their needs, "Would you like ice cubes in your cola or a piece of lime? Would you like a piece of cake with your cup of coffee, or would you like a glass of wine with a dish? I see you have the map on the table, are you going to do something nice? If you have any questions about the city, feel free to ask." You proudly talk about local products, and you take your time for every guest even though it is busy. One day you will work during breakfast and the next day in the bar in the evening. And you help your colleagues with In-room dining when needed. There are no limits to your abilities. In addition, you will be:
- responsible for welcoming the guests and making them feel at home at our food and beverage outlets. Good service is number one;
- giving the correct information about the drinks and dishes and serving them in the right way;
- making drinks and taking orders. You are also willing to have a real chat with our guests about their visit to Amsterdam;
- preparing the restaurant for evening service or tidying up breakfast;
- refilling drinks in the bar so that all drinks are available.
Your working hours depend on where you need to work, bar, restaurant, or room service. For our restaurant and room service, working hours are from 7:00 to 15:00 and from 15:00 to 23:00. You are open to work different shifts. For the bar, working hours are from 9:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00 and 16:00 to 0:00.
Proud to present
Mövenpick: the place to enjoy life. Inside, we create a space for our guests to enjoy by relaxing at the bar with a delicious cocktail or a creamy cappuccino. In our restaurants, you can discover the most delicious special dishes. We are originally from Switzerland, and we carry this luxurious gastronomic hospitality with us. ‘Enjoying life to the fullest.’ That is our mantra for our guests, but also for you as an employee.
You start every working day together with twenty national and international colleagues in our beautiful 4-star hotel located in Amsterdam. The team consists of young colleagues who are collegial and friendly towards each other. Despite the different nationalities, we can definitely speak of a close group of colleagues. You will work in a hotel that works together with the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam, a total combined conference space of over 1900 m2, including 11 modern and spacious conference and directors’ rooms. Through the emergence of ijVENUES, Amsterdam’s new exhibition centre, everything only becomes bigger and better. On a lovely, sunny day, you can choose between a 10-minute walk or a 5-minute cycle ride from the central station. Or you can hop on the tram from the other side of our hotel. In short: we have it all.
“If our staff is happy, our guests are happy.” –Restaurant & Bar Manager Mövenpick.
Don’t work. Do what you love instead
Making sure guests have a good time is what you are all about. Full of enthusiasm you start a conversation with them. For instance, you try to suggest local products. Meanwhile, you keep an eye on all tables or places at the bar and make sure everything runs smoothly. So, the guest can enjoy the experience to the fullest. Guest satisfaction, that is your full focus, which means you also know how to tell great stories about our food and drinks and sell our products without being too obvious. Just subtle and pleasant for our guest.
Of course, we want you to have an optimal experience at Mövenpick. That is why we are offering:
- a monthly gross salary of between €1.995 and €2.186 in accordance with scale 3 of the Collective Labour Agreement for the Dutch hospitality and catering industry;
- a contract of 38 hours per week;
- 25 leave days and time off for any overtime;
- extra day off during your birthday month;
- a commuting allowance from 10 kilometres and above up to €150 per month, on the basis of the actual number of kilometres;
- a night-shift allowance of 20% and a Sunday allowance of 5%;
- pension contributions with the Horeca & Catering pension fund;
- national and international opportunities for growth, for instance towards the role of supervisor, and national and international training opportunities;
- a uniform, laundry service and meals;
- discounts on rooms, food and drink at Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, Accor & HR-Group hotels;
- enjoy an overnight stay with dinner and breakfast in the hotel where you work at with Mövenpick Experience;
- various staff outings.
This is the right time to say yes
Can you already see yourself working here? Then do not hesitate any longer: send us your motivation letter and CV, or if you have any questions you can contact the HR Office via email@example.com or by phone at +31 (0)20 519 1222.
If it is a match, you will be interviewed by a member of the HR department and Restaurant & Bar Manager. Are you ready?
Heb jij interesse in deze functie?
Dan ontvangen wij graag je motivatie met CV! Je kunt reageren via ons Sollicitatieformulier.