Would you like to work for one of the largest conference venues in Amsterdam? Are you experienced in organizing conferences and events and driven to get the best out of them? Do you have commercial flair and do you enjoy achieving good results with your team? Then you have found your new challenge!
We are looking for an Assistant Conference & Events Manager with commercial creativity and experience in managing a large team.
Tasks – What will you be doing?
- Organize the most diverse meetings & events for Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre and ijVENUES, from request to after sales.
- Together with the team you will work out offers and present them convincingly to the client.
- You coordinate the daily activities of the team, with a focus on conversion and details.
- You ensure that the goals of the employees are realized.
- Are someone with a sincere desire to lead a dynamic, focused and highly motivated commercial team on a daily basis
- Have experience and get energy from selling meetings & events
- You have experience in selling experiences rather than products.
- You are curious, enthusiastic, creative and have strong communication skills.
- Strong in the strategic side of meetings & events, sales and planning
- You have strong negotiating skills in terms of price strategy and conditions.
- Are co-responsible for the results of the team
- Good at coordinating the daily activities of the team
- Coaches the team on the job, provides training and writes SOPs
- Take care of the continuity in the contact with our customers
- Have 2 years of experience in a similar management position in a hotel in Amsterdam or surroundings
- Have at least 2 years of operational experience in Banqueting or Event Catering
- Have experience in, and affinity with, the hotel and event industry
- Are structured, stress resistant and flexible
- Are very accurate and have an eye for detail and quality
- Have a good knowledge of the English and Dutch languages, both verbally and in writing.
- Have knowledge of Opera V5 – Sales & Catering & Cloud
- Reporting to the Conference & Events Manager
- Are a vibrant international organisation
- Are a highly professional team with a clear goal
- Offer a full time contract of 38 hours per week
- 25 vacation days per year
- Travel allowance of max. €150,- per month, based on the number of km.
- Pension fund
- Uniform and laundry service
- Meals in the staff canteen
- Employee discount on overnight stays in Movenpick hotels and Accor Hotels
- Various staff events
- Excellent international career and training opportunities
…are an energetic combination that will make Movenpick Amsterdam City Centre & ijVENUES grow further in these challenging times.
Have we triggered you to apply? Please share your motivation with us and attach your CV.
An assessment will be part of the application process.
Heb jij interesse in deze functie?
Dan ontvangen wij graag je motivatie met CV! Je kunt reageren via ons Sollicitatieformulier. Website: Ga naar website
Acquisitie n.a.v. deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Trefwoorden: Assistant Conference & Events Manager, Vacature, Movenpick , Sales, Horeca / Toerisme / Recreatie, Horeca / Toerisme / Recreatie, conference & events, Noord-Holland, Amsterdam, , hospitality, The Netherlands, C&E, Manager, HRG, Accor