Running and standing are part of this profession and can happen at all times throughout the day. Whether it is lunch, dinner, or a banqueting event, you will ensure the right preparation, so when it gets busy, you and your team can get to work quickly and efficiently. In this way the best dishes on the menu are created. Do you have your own ideas for dishes? Great! Contribute them and think along on how we can improve our menu and continuously innovate. We are one team with one task, so if you notice that the inventory is dwindling or if you need other products, then ring the bell. Are other departments involved in the dinner or event? Then you will also ensure open and accessible lines of communication with them. There are no limits to your abilities. In addition, you will be:
- versatile. Lunch, dinner, snacks, or banqueting-no matter where we put you, you will ensure the best quality;
- responsible for hygiene. You will keep your own bench clean and help others if necessary;
- proficient in English. Because of our international roots, our working language is English.
Afternoons, evenings and weekends- all these shifts will come along.
Proud to present
Mövenpick: the place to enjoy life. Inside, we create a space for our guests to enjoy by relaxing at the bar with a delicious cocktail or a creamy cappuccino. In our restaurants, you can discover the most delicious special dishes. We are originally from Switzerland, and we carry this luxurious gastronomic hospitality with us. 'Enjoying life to the fullest.' That is our mantra for our guests, but also for you as an employee.
'Enjoying food' is the motto for you and your team. You start every working day together with national and international colleagues in our beautiful 4-star hotel located in The Hague. The team consists of young colleagues who are collegial and friendly towards each other. Despite the different nationalities, we can definitely speak of a close group of colleagues. You will work in a hotel with 72 rooms, a restaurant, coffee & wine lounge and 3 meeting rooms. On a lovely, sunny day, you can choose between a 15-minute walk or a 10-minute cycle ride from the central station. Or you can hop on the bus or tram from the other side of our hotel. In short: we have it all.
"How you experience it is how you remember it" - Chef Mövenpick.
Don't work, do what you love instead
If anyone has a true passion for food, it is you. And you know rich gastronomy above all. You are always busy trying out new tastes and dishes. You work in a clean and orderly manner and you enjoy working with others. And that's great because here, you will communicate closely with all departments; not only the kitchen. You must have:
- at least two years of experience as a (demi) chef de parti or independent chef;
- preferably an SVH chef's diploma or another similar diploma;
- knowledge of the HACCP regulations or the willingness to follow the training course for this.
Of course, we want you to have an optimal experience at Mövenpick. That's why we are offering:
- a monthly gross salary of between 2.493 and 3.100 in accordance with scale 6 of the Collective Labour Agreement for the Dutch hospitality and catering industry;
- a contract of 38 hours per week;
- 25 leave days and time off for any overtime;
- extra day off during your birthday month;
- a travel allowance up to 200 per month, on the basis of the actual number of kilometres;
- a night-shift allowance of 10%;
- pension contributions with the Horeca & Catering pension fund;
- national and international opportunities for growth, for instance towards the role of Jr. Sous Chef and training opportunities;
- a uniform, laundry service and meals;
- use the sport facilities in the hotel;
- discounts on rooms, food and drink at Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, Accor & HR-Group hotels;
- enjoy an overnight stay with dinner and breakfast in the hotel where you work at with feel like a guest Mövenpick Experience;
- recruitment bonus for new a colleague;
- various staff outings.
This is the right time to say yes
Can you already see yourself working here? Then do not hesitate any longer: send us your motivation letter and CV, or if you have any questions you can contact the HR Office via firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +31 (0)20 519 1222.
If it is a match, you will be interviewed by the Chef. Are you ready?
Heb jij interesse in deze functie?
Dan ontvangen wij graag je motivatie met CV! Je kunt reageren via ons Sollicitatieformulier.