During the shift, it's you, along with the Supervisor, who makes sure everything runs smoothly. If colleagues cannot solve a complaint or question, you and the Supervisors jump in to help. You make sure the right orders are placed and you supervise and train the employees when necessary. You make sure - together with the whole team - that everything goes according to the plan and that you hand over the shift carefully to the colleagues who take over. At the end of the shift, you are the one who does the handover to the next shift, therefore the team is always kept up to date with everything that is happening in the hotel. During your internship you will also perform the necessary administrative tasks. For example, processing and checking outsourced working requests, do suggestions regarding the menu cards, making internal orders, etc. You will do this together with the F&B Manager. There are no limits to your abilities. In addition, you will be:
- available MBO or HBO student for a minimum of 20 weeks, 5 days a week;
- giving correct information about the drinks and dishes and serving them in the right way;
- involved in complicated questions, complaints or feedback from our guests;
- responsible for operationally supporting the F&B teams and, if necessary, performing Supervisor duties;
- making drinks and taking orders. You are also willing to have a real chat with our guests about their visit to The Hague;
- preparing the Restaurant for evening service or tidying up breakfast;
- preparing the meeting rooms;
- refilling drinks in the coffee & wine lounge so that all drinks are available.
Your working hours depend on what shift you have that day! Our shifts start with starting breakfast from 6:00 to 14:00, or working in our coffee & wine lounge and restaurant from 15:00 to 23:00. You are open to work different shifts.
Proud to present
Mövenpick: the place to enjoy life. Inside, we create a space for our guests to enjoy by relaxing at the bar with a delicious cocktail or a creamy cappuccino. In our restaurants, you can discover the most delicious special dishes. We are originally from Switzerland, and we carry this luxurious gastronomic hospitality with us. ‘Enjoying life to the fullest.’ That is our mantra for our guests, but also for you as an employee.
You start every working day together with national and international colleagues in our beautiful 4-star hotel located in The Hague. The team consists of young colleagues who are collegial and friendly towards each other. Despite the different nationalities, we can definitely speak of a close group of colleagues. You will work in a hotel with 72 rooms, a restaurant, coffee & wine lounge and 3 meeting rooms. On a lovely, sunny day, you can choose between a 15-minute walk or a 10-minute cycle ride from the central station. Or you can hop on the bus or tram from the other side of our hotel. In short: we have it all.
“Being part of our team, is like winning the lottery”- F&B Manager Mövenpick.
Don’t work. Do what you love instead
Because of your great sense of responsibility, you know what your team needs to do their work well. You see it when colleagues have too much work to do and in busy times you remain calm. With your empathy you ensure that the guests have a good time and that the waiters help the guests properly. You have:
- experience in Food & Beverage and you are hospitality orientated;
- fluent written and spoken knowledge of the English language and preferably the Dutch language as well.
Of course, we want you to have an optimal experience at Mövenpick. That is why we are offering:
- a trainee allowance of 750 euro per month (including study- and travel allowance);
- 38-hours work week;
- a night-shift allowance of 10%;
- national and international opportunities for growth, for instance towards the role of F&B Waiter or F&B Supervisor and national and international training opportunities;
- a uniform, laundry service and meals;
- discounts on rooms, food and drink at Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, Accor & HR-Group hotels;
- recruitment bonus for a new colleague;
- use the sport facilities in the hotel;
- various staff outings.
You see it as a challenge to put a smile on the face of all guests visiting our hotel. Do not hesitate any longer: send us your motivation letter and CV, or if you have any questions, you can contact the HR Office via email@example.com or by phone at +31 (0)20 519 1222.
If it is a match, you will be interviewed by a member of the HR department and the F&B Manager. Are you ready?
Heb jij interesse in deze functie?
Dan ontvangen wij graag je motivatie met CV! Je kunt reageren via ons Sollicitatieformulier.