Are you a person who can motivate a team with your passion for cooking? Do you always have the perfect solutions for every challenge? Do you love working in a fast-changing and multicultural environment? Then this is the perfect job for you!
The perfect candidate has:
- 2 or 3 years’ Chef de Parti experience in a 4-5 star hotel or high quality restaurant, banqueting & catering
- A completed SVH cooks education (SVH Zelfstandig Werkend Kok)
- Proven track record of leading a successful kitchen brigade
- A certificate of (Dutch) HACCP rules and regulations
- A certificate on allergy regulations
- Ability to work on your own and in a large kitchen team
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Creative, has a hands-on mentality, and eye for detail
- Control over a diversity of cooking techniques
- Knowledge of the English language; both verbal and in writing
- Motivated and enthusiastic attitude
It would be an advantage in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- having a “SVH Leermeester” diploma
What do we have to offer you:
- Full-time contract of 38 hours per week
- This position is classified in scale 7 according to the Horeca CAO.
- 25 vacation days per year
- Travel allowance up to €150,- per month, based on the amount of km.
- Night allowance of 20% and Sunday allowance of 5%
- Pension fund
- Staff uniform and laundry service
- Staff meals in our canteen
- Discount on rooms and F&B within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts and Accor Hotels
- Various staff events
- Excellent international career development and training possibilities
Your main responsibilities are:
- Preparing high quality culinary dishes
- Supervising and guiding the kitchen brigade under supervision of Executive (Sous) Chef
- Preparation activities such as washing, cutting and pre-cooking of the required raw materials
- Preparing plates through a la minute cooking techniques
- Portioning and garnishing of dishes and controlling the presentation according to recipes
- Regularly checking the freshness of ingredients based on color and taste
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of menus
- Reporting of maintenance, hygiene or other hazards issues
- Making the daily orders for the kitchen
- Attending Food and Beverage departmental meetings
- Contributing to controlling costs, minimize waste, and other departmental targets
- Ensure brand/SOP guidelines are being followed
- Be environmentally aware
As a Junior Sous Chef you will be responsible for overall preparation of the dishes to deliver an excellent guest experience in our Restaurant and in our Conference & Events. Furthermore, you will be part of a large kitchen team that delivers high standard dishes/buffets.
The Food and Beverage department consist of the bar, room service, conference & events, restaurant and stewarding.
Heb jij interesse in deze functie?
Dan ontvangen wij graag je motivatie met CV! Je kunt reageren via ons Sollicitatieformulier. Website: Ga naar website
Acquisitie n.a.v. deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Trefwoorden: Junior Sous Chef , Vacature, chef, job, Catering / Tourism / Recreation, Catering / Tourism / Recreation, hotel, Noord-Holland, Amsterdam, sous chef, jobs in Amsterdam, horeca, kitchen